Sunday, October 5, 2014
Tinsel & Tine is taking part in the ULTIMATE BEER LOVER'S OKTOBERFEST BLOG TOUR, where blogs in different cities throughout the US will be giving away The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour book and prize pack and sharing a recipe with our readers.
The author of "The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour" is John Schlimm, a member of one of the oldest pre-Prohibition brewing families in the U.S. (Straub Brewery) and award winning author of "The Cheesy Vegan" & "The Ultimate Beer Lover's Cookbook" twitter: @JohnSchlimm
The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour will take you to a whole new level of tipsy gratification by bringing some of the best bar snacks and beer cocktails straight into your kitchen. This hip new cookbook features over 325 irresistible recipes for delicious bar bites—from Sizzling Sriracha Peanuts to Taproom Tacos to Blitzed Bean Soup—and beer cocktails, chuggers, shots, shooters, chasers, punches, floats, and shakes, with nearly 1,000 related pairing suggestions using today’s most popular craft and seasonal beer styles. Whether you’re looking to host the next bash or simply create your own happy hour at home, this all-in-one entertaining guide will help you turn every bite into party night!
On November 7th a winner will be chosen to receive this really GOOD Prize Pack:
- 1 signed copy of The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour by John Schlimm ·
- 2 Humane Society of the US T-shirts (1 male M, 1 female M) ·
- Lucky Brand Jeans Gift card for 1 free pair of jeans ·
- 6 Straub Brewery Pilsner Glasses ·
- Coleman soft cooler with hard liner (red) ·
- Weber Barbecue Apron, black ·
- 1 OXO Steel Bottle Opener ·
- Set of 2 wooden snack bowls ·
- Set of 4 wooden coasters
And don't forget this winning John Schlim recipe!
Saurkraut & Portobello Burgers From The Ultimate Beer Lover’s Happy Hour by John Schlimm
I picked this recipe to share from the book, because on the rare occasion of me cooking, I lean toward vegetarian meals, or at least try to, so as to balance out all the meat I consume while dining out. And I'm alway looking for easy short step recipes:
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups of Saurkraut Caraway seeds, to taste
- 8 portobello mushrooms, black gills under the caps scraped away
- 4 potato bread rolls/buns or regular hamburger buns
COMMENTS are welcome on the facebook & twitter posts
Check Out Tinsel & Tine's
Tinsel & Tine (Reel & Dine): Philly Film, Food & Events Blog