Wednesday, June 18, 2014
A lot has changed with Tinsel & Tine since Think Like A Man came out in 2012, I covered that red carpet for the film outlet Cinedelphia and therefore wasn't able to post the pics on T&T. Now all the invites are sent to me, including interviews with major actors like Michael Ealy and Meagan Good!
In Think Like A Man Too, a lot's changed with the characters based on Steve Harvey's book "Act Like A Lady Think Like A Man" -
- The couple who were still living like kids dating in college, Jeremy (Jerry Ferrara) and Kristen (Gabrielle Union) are now married and trying to start a family, well, Kristen's ready, Jeremy is still on the fence.
- Mya (Meagan Good) who was looking for a serious relationship and Zeke (Romany Malco) who was determined to keep things light, have kept things one on one, but serious enough for marriage?
- Corporate powerhouse Lauren (Taraji P. Henson) and Chef Dominic (Michael Ealy) still have more than just a hot romance going on, but ambition could douse the flame.
- Mama's Boy Michael (Terrence Jenkins) hasn't quite cut the apron strings, but extended them long enough to plan a wedding with Candace (Regina Hall) only Mom Loretta (Jenifer Lewis) still has a tight grip.
- And last but certainly not least, Cedric (Kevin Hart) is once again separated from his wife Gail (Wendy Williams) and determined at all costs to be the best, Best man ever in the history of Las Vegas.
In Think Like A Man Too director Tim Story steers away from the dating/relationship/competition stuff and goes more for fun, high energy, crazy montages, random cameos and Vegas Baby!
The previous night I started to ask Michael a cooking question, since he plays a chef in the movie, and I wanted to get my picture taken with his gorgeous self; but decided since they arrived late and there were a lot of outlets waiting, I would just do it during my interview the following day. Unfortunately, (mostly unfortunate for him) Michael took ill and could only call into the interview for a quickie. Moral of the story: "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today".
|Kevin Hart as Bam Bam the Vegas Stripper|
I did get to ask Michael one great question via phone... "What have you learned about comedy now having played the straight man (Think Like A Man, About Last Night & Think Like A Man Too) against high octane Kevin Hart?"
Listen/Watch below video for answer ...
|Le Anne Lindsay & Meagan Good|
Meagan was in person (look at our great pic together), she's just lovely and almost zen. I got to ask her a couple of questions starting with... "You seem to be very much at peace with yourself and how you handle this industry and competition among other females. First & foremost I know you attribute it to your relationship with God, but do you also read books on spirituality? And if so, which ones do you recommend? "
Listen/Watch below video for answer:
Comments are welcome on the facebook page on the post.
T &T's LAMB Score: 3.5 outta 5
While You're Here
to get notices on Free Screenings, Giveaways and Upcoming Philly Events!
Check Out Tinsel & Tine's
Tinsel & Tine: Philly Film, Food & Events Blog