Wednesday, January 1, 2014
2013 brought many blessings to Tinsel & Tine:
- I published 176 Posts
- Got to Interview 6 big Directors
- Attended 5 Film Festivals
- Enjoyed several tastings
- Saw over 90% of the movies I wanted to see, and then some
- Started a popular Food Truck Series
- Started getting offers for Prize Giveaways and More Screening Passes
- Gained over 100 new followers on Facebook and Twitter and found out Pinterest is not only another good way to promote posts, but it's just darn good fun!
- Picked up followers on BlogLovin and Started posting to Tumbler
- My most popular post -The Great Gatsby 1974 vs The Great Gatsby 2013
- Last year's Google Analytics - 22,663 total page visits. This year it's 40,027! Almost doubled my readership!!!
- I'm thankful for my relationship with PR Agencies: Allied-THA and Kory Aversa PR
- I'm thankful for my blog contributors who are all great writers and have their own exciting endeavors: Candace "Candi's Corner" Cordelia Smith, Chris "Flood the Drummer" Norris and Rashuan "DJReezey" Williams
But 2013 was also a year of scarcity and lack. I was unemployed without unemployment compensation or any income for most of the year, as you can imagine, or maybe you've had or are having the same experience - it totally destroys your sense of security and colors everything, even the good stuff going on in your life. Recently, thankfully, I started working again, however, it's a temp position paying less than half of the salary I used to make, which at that time didn't meet all my expenses. And it's an hours commute.
I tried unsuccessfully to monetize Tinsel & Tine. Haven't given up, but obviously I need some more pointers from other bloggers who have been able to make financial gain from their blogs.
And I'm no closer to being in a fun, sexy, loving, supportive relationship with a member of the opposite sex than I was this time last year.
My change of income level is forcing me to move. I really want to take advantage of being invited to Tribeca Film Fest, if I can figure out a way to raise the funds to attend and... Well, let's just say my New Years Day was filled with anxiety. I had planned on doing an end of the year movie wrap up type post, but I just couldn't muster the energy.
I'm a smart, fabulous person. I don't want to keep living to survive, it's not healthy and at this point, I can't even afford ObamaCare. I started praying on my intention for 2014. And then I opened an New Year's e-card from an old friend, it featured an olive tree.
The lack, scarcity and fear of 2013 has been ushered out. I'm ushering in a fruitful 2014 using the olive tree as a focus. Whenever, I start to doubt myself or the situation getting better, I'm going to stop and visualize an olive branch or stalwart olive tree and imagine the briny, firm, lemony taste of a Greek olive.
Thank you Tinsel & Tine followers, may we all flourish in the new year!
Philly Film, Food & Events Blog