Wednesday, July 31, 2013
I, Le Anne Lindsay of Tinsel & Tine love cake!!! Regular readers know I freely admit to waking up from more dreams where I've experienced the ecstasy of a baked good, than any other fantasy. If you follow my facebook page, you know every time I sample a new cupcake I post about it. So when I found out Ms Goody Cupcake (1838 East Passyunk Avenue) was celebrating her 2 Year Anniversary at the same time Tinsel & Tine is celebrating our 200th facebook like, it seemed to be kismet, and Ms Goody agreed!
MS GOODY CUPCAKE 2 PACK!
- 8/2 - French Kiss Martini - White and raspberry swirl cake infused with Chambord, Peach Schnapps whipped topping, topped with a chocolate Kiss candy.
- 8/9 - Appletini - White cake infused with a house recipe Appletini cocktail, Apple Pucker buttercream, topped with a maraschino cherry.
- 8/16 - Peach Ciroc- White cake baked with fresh peaches soaked in Peach Ciroc, buttercream infused with Peach Ciroc, topped with an orange candy slice.
- 8/23 - Pina Colada - Pineapple cake infused with coconut rum, rum cream cheese buttercream, edged in coconut, topped with a pineapple slice and cherry.
- 8/30 - Lemon Drop - Lemon cake infused with vodka, lemon buttercream, edged in yellow candy sugar, topped with a tart lemon wedge.
Escape the South Philly heat with a refreshing Cake Shake. Enjoy a thick, cold milkshake using vanilla or chocolate ice cream, and your choice of any cupcake in the bakery.
Enjoy a modern spin on a South Philly classic. Cheesecake lollipops feature cheesecake squares dipped in chocolate, featuring a family recipe passed down through the generations. Varieties include Turtle (Pecan, chocolate, pecan), Raspberry Swirl and Traditional Italian. This new menu
addition is only $1.00 each through Labor Day.
ABOUT MS GOODY CUPCAKE
Gigi Andrew, who will be forever known as “Ms Goody,” opened her shop at 1838 E. Passyunk Ave. in August of 2011. Each day she offers 12 different flavors of cupcakes, ranging from traditional (red velvet, vanilla, chocolate), to flavorful (Elvis-inspired banana and bacon,honeycomb), to Philly-inspired (beer and soft pretzel), to the truly wild (chocolate covered potato chip, French toast with a side of bacon). While the shop’s main focus is cupcakes, Gigi also specializes in custom designer cakes, Mommy's rice pies, cheesecakes, seasonal pies, cake truffles and cookies. Regular hours are Tuesday through Thursday, 11:00 AM through 7:00 PM, Fridays 11:00 AM through 9:00 PM, and Saturdays 9:00 AM until sell out (usually 3:00 PM).
Philly Food Blog