Friday, May 3, 2013
I was just checking out the Iron Man 3 comments on Superherohype.com, Wow! Some of those fanboys are tough, and not just on the movie, they're so hateful with each other. I often wonder why I don't receive more comments, but if that's what having comments gets you, than please keep your thoughts to yourself! Of course, you know, I'm happy to converse with anyone who wants to talk movies pro or con, food or just chat, but in a fun and civilized manner.
- Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) suffering from Post Traumatic Shock Syndrome as a result of his Avengers experience.
- Tony & Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) figuring out domestication.
- Crazy Ben Kingsley developing two perfected characters.
- Emaciated, but still powerful, Don Cheadle as the government's renamed Iron Patriot.
- Hot black Ops (and I don't mean sexy) super soldiers.
- Guy Pearce as a villain, maybe more despicable than his role in Lawless.
- Even the addition of the kid, Harley (Ty Simpkins) and I don't normally like it when kids are added, but because Tony treated him in the same off-hand, sarcastic, quick witted way he deals with everyone, it worked.
(5/6/13 update: Kicking off the Summer movie season this weekend, Iron Man 3 lived up to sky-high expectations with an estimated $175.3 million haul - BoxofficeMojo.com)
LAMB Score: 5 out 5
Philly Film Blog