Wednesday, March 6, 2013
April 3, 2013 POST UPDATETo see photos and a brief recap of the event visit Tinsel & Tine's facebook page
I just bought my ticket! Normally, I wait to see if I can get a press pass for an event like this, especially since I'm a member of Collaborate Philly, a co-sponsor of Philly Beergasm. But it's for a good cause, proceeds benefit local charity Philabundance (hunger relief organization, providing emergency food and access to services to approximately 900,000 people at risk of hunger and malnutrition throughout the Delaware Valley and beyond.)
What is Philly Beergasm? Philly Beergasm will be a true love letter to local beer culture. Local breweries Forest and Main and 5 O’clock Brew as well as Philadelphia home brewers will be on hand to provide their fantastic beers.
Spodee will provide Spodee wine/beer cocktails.
Local chef Dan Berlin of Bongo Zeptobrewery is preparing an all beer-centric menu. Specific items will be made with some of the beer provided by the very breweries in attendance.
Beer Cakes Philly will provide their delicious beer-infused desserts.
There will be live music, a raffle, a free tour of Yards Brewing for attendees, activities like “Cream Your Own Cupcake”, and many more to guarantee that no one leaves without a Beergasm!
When is Philly Beergasm? Wednesday March 28, 2013 7:30-9:30pm
Where is Philly Beergasm? Yards Brewery (901 N Delaware Ave, Philadelphia, PA)
What's the Ticket Price? $40 http://www.phillybeergasm.com/tickets/
Yards drinking space is pretty small, this is a limited event, so order quickly!
What's the Philly Beergasm Menu?
- Beer Salad
- Seasonal mixed salad with malt berries and beer vinaigrette.
- Cilantro Chili Shrimp Salad
- We start by building a killer shrimp boil from smoked beer and bitter wort. Then the shrimp are dressed with peppers in a hop-kissed malt vinegar aioli.
- Malted Cubans
- These Cuban finger sandwiches feature our signature malt mustard and malt-brined pickles.
- Porter’s Mac and Cheese
- Baked mac and cheese featuring a porter béchamel sauce, toasted panko, and nearly half a dozen cheeses.
- Stout Sheppard’s Pie
- Browned mashed potatoes on top of savory ground lamb simmered with stout. The perfect way to recover from St. Patty’s day.
- Potato Leek Soup
- A creamy soup made with yellow potatoes, pureed with butter-browned leeks, and topped with beer bubbles.
- Wort-glazed Wings
- Tangy, sweet, and sticky with our awesome un-fermented beer sauce.
- Beer Cakes:
- Assorted cupcakes/cakes made with beer.
Philly Food Blog