Sunday, September 28, 2008
- Genre: Suspense/Ghost Story/Romance (Sixth Sense or The Others)
- Logline: At a Philadelphia Private Club, two people become embroiled in a long ago mystery, after discovering a stained glass window gateway between the living and the dead.
- Plot: Lila, a young African American woman, comes to work at a private club where 100-year old traditions meet the 21st Century. She and Adrian, a member who resides at the Club, discover a long forgotten room, once a meeting place for a secret society. Their fascination with the room leads them to releasing a troubled spirit trapped in the hellish realm of the room's stained glass window.
- Backdrop: The Club itself is a lead character in the movie. This is where Center City well-to-do and near well-to-do recreate. They play squash and other racket sports dating back to the 1600's. This is a place to escape from life for a little while, relax in a big, red leather chair and a smoke a cigar in front of the fireplace. There are lavish parties and daily lunch and evening bar crowds. However, at the same time, the Club has seen better days. Upon closer inspection, much of the interior is shabby and showing signs of wear and age. Its vast and stately 5 floors of rooms, passageways and backstair cases, lend an eerie and ghostly atmosphere. Adding to this quality are the eccentric lodgers, members who reside full-time at the Club.
- Themes of the Movie: Religious conflict, where does spirituality end and the supernatural begin. Longing for a time gone by. And a non-traditional romantic triangle.
- Main Characters:
If you would like to read "The Club" please request a PDF version by contacting LRL4400@gmail.com